For Prospective Students
For Inbound Students
For Rotary Clubs
Rotex in the NEWS
Student Protection Policy
Certification & Processing
Club Counselor and YEO
Rotary Clubs Role in Youth Exchange
- Promote program in local high schools and junior high schools
- Interview prospective students and their parents
- Submit endorsed applications to the district by deadline
- Indoctrinate the selected student about Rotary before departure
- Involve the student in club projects and functions before departure
- Provide banners to exchange with host Rotary Club and District.
- Host Inbound student for each student sponsored
- Pay Hosting Fee ($700, 2010-11) (includes orientations, Wash DC trip, District Conference).
- Provide allowance ($75 – 120 per month) depending on local cost of living
- Provide a Rotarian Counselor who is not a Host Family
- Provide at least two host families per student
- Involve the inbound student in club functions and projects
- Support host families by providing transportation to district events
The key player in the Rotary Club is the Youth Exchange Officer (YEO). That dedicated individual recognizes the role that today’s youths can and will play in Rotary’s Objective of World Peace and Understanding. By supporting the Youth Exchange Program and their YEO each club can bring us little closer to obtaining that objective.